Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wfishtx
    • Aug 2023

Astros 2024

Figured I go ahead and get a thread started since pitchers and catchers reported today. Never mind Verlander and J.P. France are "behind schedule" and its only day one.

A lot to look forward to for 2024. Excited to see them make another run. They've spoiled us so much to this point, I'm not sure how I'd act if they weren't in the thick of things. Anxious for the Astros/Rangers rivalry to heat back up. Hopefully Adolis Garcia's drug dealer got arrested and he wasn't able to find new steroid dealer.....LOL. Couldn't resist. You can't have a good rivalry if the fans are talking a little fun-hearted smack talk as well.
  • copanoson
    • Aug 2023

I just heard Hader has been named the closer and Pressly will be the setup man. I like the sound of Abreu, Pressly, Hader pitching 7th, 8th, and 9th innings!

Comment

• Kevin Nicholls
      • Aug 2023

I missed something on the news this evening. Something about JV being shut down till September? Please tell me I heard something wrong.
      I don't have anything clever to write here.

Comment

• wfishtx
        • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Kevin Nicholls
        I missed something on the news this evening. Something about JV being shut down till September? Please tell me I heard something wrong.
        I haven't heard that, but did here he "was behind schedule". Whatever that means. Let's hope you're wrong, but it would be pretty fitting if that ends up being the case.

Comment

• WillieT
          • Aug 2023

Arm soreness, but they are saying it’s mainly precautionary. He says he should be ready for opening day, but I also heard he might be down for 2 months. It just depends on who you listen to.

Comment

• Kevin Nicholls
            • Aug 2023

Got it, thanks. I caught the end of it on the news.
            I don't have anything clever to write here.

Comment

• wfishtx
              • Aug 2023

Originally posted by WillieT
              Arm soreness, but they are saying it’s mainly precautionary. He says he should be ready for opening day, but I also heard he might be down for 2 months. It just depends on who you listen to.
              I remember McCullers having "arm soreness" at the beginning of camp one year and he never saw the field that year I don't believe. I'm hoping for a much better outcome for JV.

Comment

• copanoson
                • Aug 2023

JV said it is more age related (being 40 and ready to pitch at the performance he's used too) than an injury. He was warming up, took a break, and when he started throwing the ball again, he felt "soreness" in his pitching arm, so he shut it down.

He expects to be ready opening day.

Comment

• Bocephus
                  • Aug 2023

Originally posted by copanoson
                  I just heard Hader has been named the closer and Pressly will be the setup man. I like the sound of Abreu, Pressly, Hader pitching 7th, 8th, and 9th innings!
                  Espada did the right thing by making a decision early and clearing the air to prevent any drama. Let people know their role and expectations, that's a sign of a good Leader.

Glad to see Pressly has the right attitude about his new role.

I miss the America I grew up in.

Comment

• Inspector Scotty
                    • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Bocephus

Espada did the right thing by making a decision early and clearing the air to prevent any drama. Let people know their role and expectations, that's a sign of a good Leader.

Glad to see Pressly has the right attitude about his new role.

https://www.chron.com/sports/astros/...r-18669711.php
                    We know what we have with Presley, his new role will be a little less stressful.

If we are still winning in the 7th there will probably be people leaving early.

I follow every game, it's the first thing I do in the morning is look at the scores from the night before.

Hopefully, I can score sum open day tickets.

Comment

• Ditto
                      • Aug 2023

I don't know if they will repeat as division champs. All I really care about is if they beat the Yankees and the Dodgers.

Comment

• wfishtx
                        • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Ditto
                        I don't know if they will repeat as division champs. All I really care about is if they beat the Yankees and the Dodgers.
                        Rangers then Yankees then Dodgers in the order for me.

Comment

• fisherman22
                          • Aug 2023

Go Astros!

Comment

• wfishtx
                            • Aug 2023

Alvarez in the 2 hole. That’s an interesting move. We’ll see if it last.

Comment

• copanoson
                              • Aug 2023

Originally posted by wfishtx
                              Alvarez in the 2 hole. That’s an interesting move. We’ll see if it last.
                              Must be something in analytics showing Alverez hitting 2nd could result in more men on base when he comes up to bat in the later innings....

Comment

Working...