Astros 2024

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unknownstrohsfan
    • Nov 2023

Always want your best bats to get as many AB's as possible. That said, don't read too much into anything that happens in spring training in week one.

Comment

• Bocephus
      • Aug 2023

Been reading about a possible Tucker trade, and so I'm guessing a new high-dollar contract is off the table.

Wondering if this is the last season we'll see Tucker and Bregman in Astros jerseys.

I miss the America I grew up in.

Comment

• wfishtx
        • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Bocephus
        Been reading about a possible Tucker trade, and so I'm guessing a new high-dollar contract is off the table.

Wondering if this is the last season we'll see Tucker and Bregman in Astros jerseys.
        I know they’ve both expressed a desire to stay but money talks. Would not be surprised if this was the last year for both of them and would not be surprised if they both stay. I do think it’s more plausible for them to trade Tucker and resign Bregman.

Comment

• copanoson
          • Aug 2023

Originally posted by wfishtx

I know they’ve both expressed a desire to stay but money talks. Would not be surprised if this was the last year for both of them and would not be surprised if they both stay. I do think it’s more plausible for them to trade Tucker and resign Bregman.
          I see it the other way around...letting Bregman go and keeping Tucker. Either way, I don't think Crane wants to pay for both of them.

I believe Bregman is going to see what he gets in FA after this season, and there is a team out there willing to pay up, especially if he has a spectacular regular and post season! Boras is notorious for taking his top talent to the open market.

Tucker has 2 more seasons with the Astros before FA

Comment

• 2Ws
            • Aug 2023

You're talking about the team that would not resign Nolen Ryan SO........
            Well cut my legs off and call me shorty

Comment

• wfishtx
              • Aug 2023

Originally posted by 2Ws
              You're talking about the team that would not resign Nolen Ryan SO........
              I’m not sure the ownership at the time was as committed to winning as the current ownership.

Comment

• fishguru00
                • Aug 2023

Are they on tv?

Comment

• BretE
                  • Aug 2023

Originally posted by fishguru00
                  Are they on tv?
                  Tue/Wed at noon…
                  I got nuthin….

Comment

• Ditto
                    • Aug 2023

Who is going to be the surprise player this year? The minor leaguer that gets called up up the young veteran that finally gets a chance to play everyday because one of the older veterans gets hurt?

Comment

• Kevin Nicholls
                      • Aug 2023

I'm hoping it's Jake Myers. He's penciled in as the starting center fielder, he hasn't been the same since messing his shoulder up a couple years ago.
                      I don't have anything clever to write here.

Comment

• Easy Money
                        • Aug 2023

Read that Verlander went on IR today, supposedly as a cautionary measure. Projected to miss 2 starts.

Comment

• Bandit1
                          • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Ditto
                          Who is going to be the surprise player this year? The minor leaguer that gets called up up the young veteran that finally gets a chance to play everyday because one of the older veterans gets hurt?
                          Joey Loperfido and Spencer Arighetti.
                          The artist formerly known as Johnbutte1

What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Bandit1
                            • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Easy Money
                            Read that Verlander went on IR today, supposedly as a cautionary measure. Projected to miss 2 starts.
                            We need him at the end, not the beginning. No reason to rush him.
                            The artist formerly known as Johnbutte1

What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Ditto
                              • Aug 2023

It's always fun to see some young guy get the call up from the minors or make the team an the beginning of the season. I bet it's a huge difference playing on the big leagues versus playing minor league ball.

Comment

• awesum
                                • Aug 2023

It's interesting that no one here is talking about this ....

Comment

Working...