Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wfishtx
    • Aug 2023

Originally posted by awesum
    It's interesting that no one here is talking about this ....
    That’s interesting. I don’t think Crane has ever done a deal for more than 5 years. If true, I wonder what that does for the likelihood of a Bregman deal.

Comment

• BretE
      • Aug 2023

I didn’t see the deal until late last night and still not convinced it’s true….
      I got nuthin….

Comment

• awesum
        awesum commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, it was on Facebook so it has to be true.
    • Jdusek
      • Aug 2023

I have not seen anything on that contract.

Comment

• Unknownstrohsfan
        • Nov 2023

I see J. Gallo has signed on with the Nats, He is an enigma for me, just like J. Singleton, I just don't see why teams keep signing them for the money they get. Why not bring in a farm league power hitter and hope he explodes, vs. signing a guy that has never been consistent hitter in 10 years, for major league money?

Comment

• Spinky
          • Aug 2023

Joey Gallo - the sabermetricians' poster boy! He's a super nice guy, was way too sensitive for his time in NY. Drove me crazy during his time here with the Rangers, hit lots of huge homers, but a lot of empty stats. Was just a massive rally killer with his strikeouts, but with the the whole three true outcome crowd, those were somehow irrelevant. Was glad to see him go, but I am happy he's still getting contracts. Why, though, is beyond me...

Comment

• BDGreen
            • Aug 2023

Something interesting in the works?

An MLB source tells KPRC 2 the Houston Astros have been in contact with the representation for 2023 Cy Young winner Blake Snell, confirming a report by The Athletic.
            "The enemy never sees the backs of my Texans!" - General Robert E. Lee, CSA

Comment

• wfishtx
              • Aug 2023

Originally posted by BDGreen
              Something interesting in the works?

https://www.click2houston.com/sports...r-blake-snell/
              Nobody is willing to pay him what he thinks he’s worth for as many years as he wants. Makes him a ripe candidate for a 1-2 year deal and we know how much Crane loves short deals.

Very similar to what Correa experienced when he left the Astros and ended up signing a 1 year deal with the Twins. I

f they figure out a way to land him, Astros shoot to the top of the WS favorites list in my opinion.

Comment

• WillieT
                WillieT commented
                Editing a comment
                I definitely think it would put them in position to go to the series, but I think the Dodgers bought it. At least at this point, and everyone remaining healthy.
            • Unknownstrohsfan
              • Nov 2023

Originally posted by wfishtx

Nobody is willing to pay him what he thinks he’s worth for as many years as he wants. Makes him a ripe candidate for a 1-2 year deal and we know how much Crane loves short deals.

Very similar to what Correa experienced when he left the Astros and ended up signing a 1 year deal with the Twins. I

f they figure out a way to land him, Astros shoot to the top of the WS favorites list in my opinion.
              Well you were close to the truth. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...SEzKj_H_iMgGbs

Comment

• wfishtx
                • Aug 2023

Did Correa not sign a one year deal with the Twins when he left the Astros because nobody would give him a long-term deal he was looking for? Did he sign a multi year deal the following year, yes, but that doesn’t make my statement untrue. He still didn’t get the 10-12 year deal he was after.

Welcome back by the way….LOL

Comment

• Unknownstrohsfan
                  • Nov 2023

Crane has shown he is willing to do 5 and 6 year deals, just not the coveted 10 year deals the players are after. I think that is smart business, nobody can assume sports health for 10 years for a rookie, much less a veteran.

Comment

• Unknownstrohsfan
                    • Nov 2023

Did Correa not sign a one year deal with the Twins when he left the Astros because nobody would give him a long-term deal he was looking for? Did he sign a multi year deal the following year, yes, but that doesn’t make my statement untrue. He still didn’t get the 10-12 year deal he was after.

He signed a 3 year deal with a 1 year player option, which he exersisized, signed with 2 more teams, failed the medical, and signed a 6 year deal with the Twinkies.His current contract. The one year deal was his option, not his contract.

Comment

• Unknownstrohsfan
                      • Nov 2023

Short answer is no, he never signed a one year deal. My problem is I don't understand the bias against a player that not only made your team better, but was a better team member, because he was looking to get paid. I am the least surprised person on the planet, that the Strohs did not offer him a 10 year deal, they don't do that. The sticking point was the one year player option, which he got, with guaranteed money via the Twins, twice.

Comment

• wfishtx
                        • Aug 2023

Now Urguidy is starting the season on the IL with a "sore forearm". Makes the case for Snell look more and more appealing.

Comment

• Bocephus
                          • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Unknownstrohsfan

Short answer is no, he never signed a one year deal. My problem is I don't understand the bias against a player that not only made your team better, but was a better team member, because he was looking to get paid. I am the least surprised person on the planet, that the Strohs did not offer him a 10 year deal, they don't do that. The sticking point was the one year player option, which he got, with guaranteed money via the Twins, twice.
                          Correa was hurt a lot and missed many games as a result, no doubt that played a big part in the Astros not wanting to invest in a long-term deal with him.
                          I miss the America I grew up in.

Comment

• wfishtx
                            • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Unknownstrohsfan

I wasn't being biased against Correa, simply pointing out the similarities between his situation when he chose not to come back to the Astros and Snell's current situation and how the Astros could be the benefactor of the situation.

Comment

Working...