Astros 2024

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • awesum
    • Aug 2023

I'm not sure where they got Arreghetti but I hope they send him back.

Comment

• WhiteBassFisher
      • Aug 2023

I admit to being a fair weather fan to a degree. I haven't enjoyed watching them as much this year. But the season is long, and I still feel they can turn this around. Many key players are the same, Diaz is starting and Machete gone, but that seems good offensively. My question, has changing the manager been a factor?
      Last edited by WhiteBassFisher; 04-11-2024, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• Bocephus
        • Aug 2023

Not sure what pitch it was that he KEPT throwing that was easily 6-8" outside of the plate, but he never did get control of it.

And Diaz kept calling for him to throw it !!!!
        I miss the America I grew up in.

Comment

• Bandit1
          • Aug 2023

Originally posted by WhiteBassFisher
          I admit to being a fair weather fan to a degree. I haven't enjoyed watching them as much this year. But the season is long, and I still feel they can turn this around. Many key players are the same, Diaz is starting and Machete gone, but that seems good offensively. My question, has changing the manager been a factor?
          Nah. We have a whole starting rotation on the IL and no bullpen depth. Manager isn't the issue at all. It'll get better, but the question right now is can the astros stay afloat long enough for it to matter? Early returns say no, but its an awful long season. Imagine its June, and all 5 starters are back. Plus Blanco is the real deal, and Sphaghetti has figured it out. Suddenly half your pen is starters and no starter has to go more than 5 innings unless they are cruising. Of course, the astros may be 20 games under .500 at that point and it would take the biggest turn around in mlb history.

Would be good if the bats would come alive consistently, the offense should be stacked. Except for Abreu, he's washed.
          The artist formerly known as Johnbutte1

What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Kevin Nicholls
            • Aug 2023

Hunter Brown's getting thumped in the first. Gave up 9 runs
            I don't have anything clever to write here.

Comment

• BretE
              • Aug 2023

Forgot it was a day game….thankfully…
              I got nuthin….

Comment

• Unknownstrohsfan
                • Nov 2023

Originally posted by awesum
                I'm not sure where they got Arreghetti but I hope they send him back.
                He is their #1 prospect from the farm system, get ready for the man bun experience, just slightly worse than our last best prospect H. Brown. Spinky is gonna have a good laugh this year. When you think you got enough pitching, get more pitching. I could be wrong, JV could come on and win the Sy Young, Garcia could make a miraculous turnaround, and beat McCullers back to the bullpen. Urquidy is full strength by June, and Frambers' elbow discomfort' is just a passing thing with 1 rehab start, but I doubt it. Better start rooting for J. Brown and Man Bun.
                Last edited by Unknownstrohsfan; 04-11-2024, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• WhiteBassFisher
                  • Aug 2023

Wow, only one other team in the American league worse, and 2 in the national league. They are in 27th place out of 30 teams.

Comment

• Spinky
                    • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Unknownstrohsfan

He is their #1 prospect from the farm system, get ready for the man bun experience, just slightly worse than our last best prospect H. Brown. Spinky is gonna have a good laugh this year. When you think you got enough pitching, get more pitching. I could be wrong, JV could come on and win the Sy Young, Garcia could make a miraculous turnaround, and beat McCullers back to the bullpen. Urquidy is full strength by June, and Frambers' elbow discomfort' is just a passing thing with 1 rehab start, but I doubt it. Better start rooting for J. Brown and Man Bun.

You should know me better than that by now, don't do a whole lot of laughing at other teams, enough to worry about with the Rangers. I casually followed the Astros and rooted for them in their Series runs (except for, you know..) and enjoy reading this thread to keep up with them. Framber's elbow to me looks like their biggest issue right now, along with an aging core and pending free agent issues. However, as someone previously stated, no one in that division is playing well, unlike last season. And yeah, we're not halfway through April, lots of issues for everyone to iron out.
                    Rangers just lost a series to the stinkin' A's...

But yeah, they might want to give Brown a break and get him back down to AAA quick. Dude ain't ready.

Comment

• Spinky
                      • Aug 2023

And yes, back from Augusta National. Absolutely breathtaking...

Comment

• Unknownstrohsfan
                        • Nov 2023

Originally posted by Spinky

You should know me better than that by now, don't do a whole lot of laughing at other teams, enough to worry about with the Rangers. I casually followed the Astros and rooted for them in their Series runs (except for, you know..) and enjoy reading this thread to keep up with them. Framber's elbow to me looks like their biggest issue right now, along with an aging core and pending free agent issues. However, as someone previously stated, no one in that division is playing well, unlike last season. And yeah, we're not halfway through April, lots of issues for everyone to iron out.
                        Rangers just lost a series to the stinkin' A's...

But yeah, they might want to give Brown a break and get him back down to AAA quick. Dude ain't ready.
                        Slight problem with that, over 1/3 of the pitchers on the 40 man roster are on the IL. The only other viable "pitchers" on the roster is that Whitley guy who has been hurt, and bad, and the Suero dude that has pitched a total 0f 4 pitches for the big club, and one of them was the game ending hit in KC.

Comment

• Bandit1
                          • Aug 2023

Nothing they can do but ride it out till summertime. If they are still sucking then, its time to trade Bregman, Tucker, and Pressly. Framber and Verlander too if healthy. Cut Abreu and Montero, call up a bunch of kids, and get some experience while preparing for the next season. They have an extremely solid core to rebuild around with Yordan, Yanier, Pena, Chaz, Altuve, Javier, and Hader. Start by calling up Loperfido, Leon, and Khouba.
                          The artist formerly known as Johnbutte1

What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Unknownstrohsfan
                            • Nov 2023

I have had an epiphany, heard an interview today on 790 sports radio, with the vaunted Astros special advisor to baseball, Reggie Jackson, I tried to find it so I could post it, with no luck so this is heresay. He stated with several missed positions that some of the outfield, left field, apparently all of our outfielder play left field, but I am pretty sure he was talking about Kyle tucker, might not be here for much longer. Aside from the fact that he had a Biden moment, I was struck by the way he brought up Biggio and Bagwell's names as the other influences on the "fiscal" responsibility of the Astros payroll. Since Lunow pretty much built this team on the Billy Ball cybermetric plan, you would think, that Crane had signed on to that plan, but apparently Crane is now running the roster off the gut feelings of the Trinity of Bagwell, Biggio, and Jackson. While Jackson had a pretty successful post season run, Biggio and Bagwell did not. I love Biggio and Bagwell, but Bagwell is a space cadet, and should only be in charge of concessions, and Biggio should be be a bench coach in charge of elbow pads, and how to not get of of the way of pitches.

Comment

• Unknownstrohsfan
                              • Nov 2023

Originally posted by Bandit1
                              Nothing they can do but ride it out till summertime. If they are still sucking then, its time to trade Bregman, Tucker, and Pressly. Framber and Verlander too if healthy. Cut Abreu and Montero, call up a bunch of kids, and get some experience while preparing for the next season. They have an extremely solid core to rebuild around with Yordan, Yanier, Pena, Chaz, Altuve, Javier, and Hader. Start by calling up Loperfido, Leon, and Khouba.
                              Loperfido is tearing it up right now, high hopes for him, and Leon, but we need pitching.

Comment

• Unknownstrohsfan
                                • Nov 2023

save em up Bret, should be a good 4th of July this year.

Comment

Working...