Marijuana reclassification

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SeaOx 230c
    • Aug 2023

Truth is modern cannabis breeders are just now starting to apply modern agricultural breeding practices. These thing were hard to do in your hidden basement grow room or grow house.

Comment

• copanoson
      • Aug 2023

Originally posted by SeaOx 230c

Does the same volume of alcohol from whiskey get you drunker than if from beer? Of course not because alcohol is alcohol.
      You are all over the place in your argument...focus! Nobody is claiming THC is any different today than it was 25 years ago, or anybody is getting any higher. What IS being said is the THC content in plants today is higher (more of it). One bud may have a THC content of 15% where that did not exist 25 years ago.

We'll use your example...you would agree not all alcohol volumes is the same in various bourbons, vodkas, beer etc., right? Bourbons generally have a higher alcohol content than beer. Same alcohol, just more of it by volume. Bourbon typically has an alcohol content ranging from 40% to 60%. Higher alcohol content will lead to more rapid intoxication, so a user won't need to drink as much, as they would beer, to get intoxicated. Same with today's cannabis...users are having to use less to reach the high they are wanting to achieve. You keep pounding bourbon you'll eventually get sick and puke...same with drinking enough beer, it would likely take less bourbon to get to sick.

I'll let you believe what you want. There are some really good documentaries, studies, and videos available for you to take some time and view to understand how cannabis has changed. Unequivocally, without a doubt, today's cannabis is genetically different and has higher THC content than cannabis from long ago.
      Last edited by copanoson; 05-03-2024, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• dwilliams35
        • Aug 2023

So, how about those Astros, huh?

Comment

• Marku2.0
          • Aug 2023

Originally posted by dwilliams35
          So, how about those Astros, huh?
          Did they score a touchdown?

Comment

• SeaOx 230c
            • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Marku2.0

Did they score a touchdown?
            They scored 12 touchdowns all thanks the new super weed!!!!!!

Comment

• SeaOx 230c
              • Aug 2023

For those interested the old time strains are still available by seed. Things like Oaxacan , Columbians, Vietnamese and Thai varieties, pure Afghans etc... There's a bynch of home growers that get into these classic varietals so there's breeders that have worked to preserve thes old. classic land race strains.

You won't find these strains in dispensaries, they take too long to mature so are not good for commercial production. these landrace varieties tend to have more diverse cannabinoids than today's highly inbred polyhybrids........

PS seeds and clones are now Federally legal and can be purchased online and legally sent thru the US Mail. As it has zero THC it all falls under the Hemp Fam Bill. There's lots of seed breeders and vendors here in the US, and quite a few clone sellers also.

PSS Everything needed to grow indoors is available on Amazon...... Yes you to can easily purchase the same equipment used by commercial growers that supply the dispensaries......of course outdoor needs no special equipment.

PSS Its a weed..... It grows like a weed.......it's the drying and curing that makes the difference......

Comment

• Bocephus
                • Aug 2023

I remember back in the 70's what we referred to as "Mexican dirt weed".

You had to pick out all the stems, and seeds. And the THC wasn't even in the ballpark with the stuff they have today.
                I miss the America I grew up in.

Comment

• Wade Fisher
                  Wade Fisher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sounds like you were smoking rope instead of dope. Might be I've built up something of a resistance over the last 50 years, but I got higher in 1974 than I get today.
              Working...