Visit and support our Site Sponsor

Tic toc truly a threat, or just a media giant the Dems don’t control?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BretE
    • Aug 2023

I’ve never had TicToc either but I saw where 170 million Americans have it….maybe I do need it…..
    I got nuthin….

Comment

• Rubberback
      • Aug 2023

I'm not a fan of all these foreign countries. Here's my take I don't like relying on foreign country's for stuff we can produce right here.
      Take ol Smoe he was out flying all over the country begging for oil. What did he promise those countries ? We have no idea.
      Why even put ourselves in that position when we didn't need to do that.
      Is that we we are now having wars and all kinds of conflicts going on ?
      Could be who knows for sure. FJB.
      Our country doesn't need Tic Tac . Why even give them any chance to spy on us. Look back at those balloons flying around . Why would you just let them fly over our country? I would of shot that thing down in Alaska. See this is what happens when you get involved with these commie corrupt countries.
      You dam sure don't open your border so 156 countries can just walk across ankle deep water and become an American and then have all the rights true Merikans have. As a country we should have the power to get rid of a POTUS for letting 10 mil illegals come into our country and destroy all our resources and live in our schools, live on our streets etc.
      Makes us look like fools and makes our city's look like pure third world ghetto's .
      Meet Kilo

Comment

• dwilliams35
        • Aug 2023

Originally posted by On The Hook

this is all nothing new. They’ve done this for decades, they don’t need their own app to do it. Yes, I get that it helps having their own app, but that is just a drop in the bucket. Facebook offers, gives and sells them much more. No, I don’t see any benefit for us having their app, but you’re missing the bigger picture. And again, why the focus on this one app, do you think that it’s their only one? Do you think making them sell some or all of the ownership solves the problem? Any reaction is late to the game. Pm me an email and I’ll send you something. There is so much information out there that is aggregated beyond belief.
        I'm fully aware they aren't the only game in town at the info-aggregation game. The whole issue here is just simply that it IS the CCP/PLA that is actually doing it. No matter what you think of Zuckerberg, Facebook is still an American company, and any information sales/transfers to the PRC is just part of their business, and is also likely to be subject to a national security review of the sale just like any other product.

People are just desperate to exonerate Tiktok here just simply because they are seeing our perennial boogeyman, the US Congress, being mean to them as part of a much bigger travesty. No, I'm not "missing the bigger picture": I've posted multiple times here that the "bigger picture" of the H. R. 7521 bill is definitely of concern, mainly from a first amendment standpoint, but the chinese don't really need our help here. TikTok and Facebook are collecting a very similar batch of information off any given phone: the only difference is that Facebook is just simply pushing the privacy/security envelope as part of their actual capitalist business model, getting information that they can sell. Standard American innovation. On the TikTok side, they're pushing well beyond that envelope, collecting the same information, as a part of what is likely the most wide-ranging and ambitious international military and industrial espionage program in world history. And we're greedily lapping it up because we are pissed at Congress.. I guess we deserve it at this point.

Comment

• Boom!
          • Aug 2023

Here’s one theory. I’d say this one is much closer to the truth.

Comment

• bucko
            • Aug 2023

If my memory serves me correctly, nearly everyone here was 10 kinds of pissed when there was a foreign balloon floating over the states.

But now thats OK because our own government has balloons floating over the states?

Is that right?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-14 090130.png
Views:	117
Size:	195.7 KB
ID:	88982

Comment

• Boom!
              • Aug 2023

Does the first amendment cover weather balloons?

Comment

• Rubberback
                Rubberback commented
                Editing a comment
                Doesn't really matter. We don't enforce laws, amendments . The POTUS follows his laws .
            • TRF
              • Aug 2023

As per tiktoks news room, no idea about its claims.

After witnessing what the dems/libs/wokes have done to Trump i'm not sure who the bigger evil is.

Whatever happened to morals? Oh wait they left when God got disregarded.

Comment

• dwilliams35
                • Aug 2023

Originally posted by TRF
                As per tiktoks news room, no idea about its claims.

After witnessing what the dems/libs/wokes have done to Trump i'm not sure who the bigger evil is.

Whatever happened to morals? Oh wait they left when God got disregarded.
                I do find that interesting that now all of a sudden Hong Kong is a separate entity. After all that time and effort they spent absorbing it into China..

Comment

• Matt
                  • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Rubberback
                  I'm not a fan of all these foreign countries. Here's my take I don't like relying on foreign country's for stuff we can produce right here.
                  Take ol Smoe he was out flying all over the country begging for oil. What did he promise those countries ? We have no idea.
                  Why even put ourselves in that position when we didn't need to do that.
                  Is that we we are now having wars and all kinds of conflicts going on ?
                  Could be who knows for sure. FJB.
                  Our country doesn't need Tic Tac . Why even give them any chance to spy on us. Look back at those balloons flying around . Why would you just let them fly over our country? I would of shot that thing down in Alaska. See this is what happens when you get involved with these commie corrupt countries.
                  You dam sure don't open your border so 156 countries can just walk across ankle deep water and become an American and then have all the rights true Merikans have. As a country we should have the power to get rid of a POTUS for letting 10 mil illegals come into our country and destroy all our resources and live in our schools, live on our streets etc.
                  Makes us look like fools and makes our city's look like pure third world ghetto's .
                  Looks like all of that fox news breaking news banner all jammed up and written by a 4th grader.

Comment

• Rubberback
                    Rubberback commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't watch fox's news and graduated from college. All you had to do is state your thoughts but you chose to call me out. Hope your happy ? Sorry your like that but carry on.
                • Pistol58
                  • Aug 2023

Well.. its signed..

The measure was included in a foreign aid package providing support to Ukraine and Israel. TikTok has vowed to challenge the law in federal court.

Comment

• Boom!
                    • Aug 2023

That will get him the young votes.

Comment

Working...