Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shinerlight
    • Aug 2023

Originally posted by KWeber
    if yall go to Namibia, take a 7x57 and a 9.3x62 rifle ...
    Yeah, me no got those...

Comment

• KWeber
      KWeber commented
      Editing a comment
      didnt you get your dad a 7-08 to replace his 7mag?
      the 7-08 is identical to the 7x57

• Shinerlight
      Shinerlight commented
      Editing a comment
      We got plenty of those in the family. But honestly, my old Rem 7mag will be on my shoulder, just too many memories for it to not be included.

• Shinerlight
      Shinerlight commented
      Editing a comment
      Plus, some outfitters require at least a .270, not sure about ours.
  • Trouthunter
    Administrator
    • Aug 2023

Sounds like a good time to me! I've always wanted to go on a safari down there.

If you want it, I have a .375 H&H magnum bolt action rifle you can use.
    Life its too short to own ugly handguns and drink fruity whiskey.

Comment

• Shinerlight
      • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Trouthunter
      Sounds like a good time to me! I've always wanted to go on a safari down there.

If you want it, I have a .375 H&H magnum bolt action rifle you can use.
      Thanks for the offer, but i think we're gonna stick to the smaller stuff, i don't need anything chasing me...🤣🤣

Comment

• OneDayScratch
        • Aug 2023

Throughout this thread the one thing I've picked up on is that I'll NEVER walk ten miles in a day....

Looking forward to your trip pics Shiner.
        BOT
        Bacon, Oysters & Tacos

It's not red vs. blue, it's the state vs. you

Comment

• Mrsh978
        • Aug 2023

Wanna see how serious the 4 legged are over there - watch tracks across Africa latest show - identifies just how important the first shot NEEDS to be.

Comment

• Pablo
          • Aug 2023

I went back in 2004 and I'm going again in mid July. I booked airfare through Delta and upgraded to a little better seat in cattle class. DO NOT use British Airways or KLM. Lots of guys use United through Newark, but sometimes there is a hassle with guns coming back in. Give yourself a minimum 3 hour layover between connecting flights. July is probably the most expensive month to fly. I've already done my 4457 customs forms. I still need to do the SAPS forms. I will probably use Henry's Rifle Permits to move things along. If you haven't been before, I recommend using either Gracy Travel or Travel Express. They are extremely experienced in helping hunters with their trips. I'm taking a .375 Ruger for plains game. I used a .300 Weatherby before and it got the job done. I also highly recommend going to the forum africahunting.com for everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask. Feel free to pm me if you'd like.
          I would have been born on a horse, but my mom had to get down and open a gate.

Comment

• KWeber
            KWeber commented
            Editing a comment
            what country?

• Pablo
            Pablo commented
            Editing a comment
            South Africa. We will be up north in the Limpopo province.
        • DEXTER
          • Aug 2023

accuratereloading.com is another useful forum

Comment

• bluefin
            bluefin commented
            Editing a comment
            Just stay off the politics there. Bunch of screaming anti Trump crying libs. Been kicked off 3 times. LOL

• KWeber
            KWeber commented
            Editing a comment
            for a hunting site it sure is chock full of libs... been on there since 2006...dont look at it alot in the last 10yrs, tho...

• DEXTER
            DEXTER commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep been on there for 15 or so years also. Only go to certain topics and read. Never even venture in the politics side. Haven't ventured over there in past few years though.
        • Trouthunter
          Administrator
          • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Pablo
          I went back in 2004 and I'm going again in mid July. I booked airfare through Delta and upgraded to a little better seat in cattle class. DO NOT use British Airways or KLM. Lots of guys use United through Newark, but sometimes there is a hassle with guns coming back in. Give yourself a minimum 3 hour layover between connecting flights. July is probably the most expensive month to fly. I've already done my 4457 customs forms. I still need to do the SAPS forms. I will probably use Henry's Rifle Permits to move things along. If you haven't been before, I recommend using either Gracy Travel or Travel Express. They are extremely experienced in helping hunters with their trips. I'm taking a .375 Ruger for plains game. I used a .300 Weatherby before and it got the job done. I also highly recommend going to the forum africahunting.com for everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask. Feel free to pm me if you'd like.
          I hope a pygmy eats your arse Wes lmao.
          Life its too short to own ugly handguns and drink fruity whiskey.

Comment

• Pablo
            Pablo commented
            Editing a comment
            I’d just kick them around like a stray cat!
        • KWeber
          • Aug 2023

ruger makes a lefty 375, but it's got a gawd-awful muzzle brake contraption on the end that looks like hell..
          I'd like an older one w/out all the crap on the end...smack a nilgai or eland w/the 270gr and or/ a cape buff w/the 300's..both hunts are unobainium at this time...
          the 375 ruger is everything the holland can do, but cheaper...fanatsizing, but 21 days w/ it, and an '06 and 243, plus a 12 bore for fowl would be a classic safari...
          Moz or Zim for the consession

Comment

• Skuff Daddy
            • Mar 2024

I have been lucky enough to get to try a few different antelope. Waterbuck, Red Scimitar Oryx, Lechwe, to name a few but by far my most favorite for table fare is the Addax. Delicious! If you get a chance to smoke one of those make sure you bring your appetite to dinner that night!!

Comment

Working...