Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dwilliams35
    • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Juan
    Looks like the ship had lost power as all the lights went off in the turn and came back and came back on, maybe rudder was malfuctioned due to power loss but I know it was hauling ass !!
    I think the videos of it are sped up just a bit.

Comment

• Razorback
      • Aug 2023

Here is another video.

Comment

• SGrem
        • Aug 2023

Holy moly that is horrible. No way whatsoever that was intentional. Just a tragic accident unfortunately.

Comment

• SetDaHook
          • Aug 2023

I am sure that the captain or pilot of that container ship feels horrible. Not much you can do with that much tonnage and no power other than blow the horn and hang on!

Comment

• Txflats
            • Aug 2023

And Biden just said the Federal Govt is going to pay for this WTF wouldn't this companys insurance be responsible?

Comment

• EddieL
              • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Txflats
              And Biden just said the Federal Govt is going to pay for this WTF wouldn't this companys insurance be responsible?
              Didn't you know that Hunter B. also owns a bridge building company? Don't forget that Mayor Pete and the transportation dept. is working on this too.

Comment

• dwilliams35
                • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Txflats
                To be fair, they're going to need to get another bridge up years before all the lawsuits get settled. I'd say the feds fund the new bridge then subrogate it to the insurance companies, etc. after the fact. This is going to be bouncing around in the courts for well beyond a decade, i'd bet..

Comment

• Djwag94
                  • Aug 2023

Originally posted by dwilliams35

To be fair, they're going to need to get another bridge up years before all the lawsuits get settled. I'd say the feds fund the new bridge then subrogate it to the insurance companies, etc. after the fact. This is going to be bouncing around in the courts for well beyond a decade, i'd bet..
                  You might be onto something.

Comment

• LouReed
                    • Aug 2023

Having taken structural mechanics course in college that taught us the principles of truss design, that collapse is a perfect example of how one reaction point going out causes a complete collapse, even beyond the next reaction point. Crazy, tragic catastrophe.

Comment

• Hooked
                      • Aug 2023

Some addition info.

Comment

• Boom!
                        • Aug 2023

The govt will do the same thing that they did with DEEPWATER Horizon.

Comment

• DeepBlueGulf
                        • Aug 2023

Saw this early this morning, checked AIS and ship had been going around 15 knots, so that is a pretty good clip. Not sure how much the anchor slowed it down when they dropped it, but certainly not enough. Very sad situation, but really a blessing that it did not happen mid-day during heavy traffic. Will be interesting to see how soon the crane barges show up to start lifting the pieces out of the navigable part of the channel, will be a heck of a project. DBG

Comment

• Razorback
                          • Aug 2023

Where the hell is the Secretary of Transportation (Mayor Pete)?
                          Guess that he/her/they/it are on vacation again and breast feeding they/their/it baby and can't be bothered by this menial BS.

Seems a reasonable solution is to have tugboat assistance for the ships until they pass the bridge.​

Comment

• Batwing
                            • Aug 2023

Mayor Pete says the bridge is racist. A questions for the guys with exp in big boats. If a ship loses power will the rudder stay straight or turn to the left and drive straight for a bridge pier?

Comment

• OneDayScratch
                              • Aug 2023

Originally posted by dwilliams35

They can borrow the money from the Ukraine....
                              BOT
                              Bacon, Oysters & Tacos

It's not red vs. blue, it's the state vs. you

Comment

Working...