Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grumpy356
    • Aug 2023

Originally posted by LouReed
    I got a 2016 4-Runner for 10% off of MSRP, including TT&L. I shopped for most of December, going to 3 different dealerships 3 weekends in a row.

Struck the final deal on Christmas Eve. That was the clincher. The vehicle has the top-of-the-line 4X4 package, but no TRD, Limited or special trim packages, is white and had been on the lot for a couple of months.
    Was this in 2016???

Because I don't know how it is TODAY, but there was a minute last year where you weren't getting much if any off of sticker.

I'm not sure anecdotal stuff from almost a decade ago (well 8-9 years) is still relevant, but shrug .... maybe it still holds true... don't know .
    Last edited by Grumpy356; 03-28-2024, 11:59 AM.
    Playing victim is the most powerful position on the board. You get to define the villain and the hero, and nothing is your fault. Plus if you don’t like the way it’s going you can redefine the hero as a villain.​

Comment

• LouReed
      LouReed commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, buying a brand new 2016 on Christmas Eve of 2016.

• LouReed
      LouReed commented
      Editing a comment
      And as to what is relevant, I'll let the OP decide what to glean from my reply. And I'm not sure how anecdotal applies to my response more than anyone else's, but shrug....maybe it doesn't matter.
  • Daddyeaux
    • Aug 2023

Minimum 10% or go somewhere else.
    If it flies........it dies

Comment

• Bandit1
      • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Kenny Powers
      I've bought 3 new Tahoes via autotrader from around the state and had them delivered. A couple Ford transit vans from Oklahoma- Which I think tends to have better pricing than Texas. And a Ford Transit van via Tennessee.
      On one Tahoe I got delivered from Georgetown, I'd tried negotiating with Mack Haik. When they said they could not give me the wheels I wanted I went ahead and made a deal to be delivered from Georgetown.
      When sales mgr at Mack Haik followed up the next week, I told them I'd taken delivery. He asked why not with them. I reminded him that the difference was the wheels they wanted to charge me an extre $1,500 or 2k for. At the time, he said he could not match the deal. The sales manager said, "I would have done that if I knew I had to."
      I will never negotiate with any one dealer, or waste my time with sales tactics, sitting in a cubicle, or finance office garbage.
      I kinda want to be you when I grow up.
      The artist formerly known as Johnbutte1

What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Kenny Powers
        Kenny Powers commented
        Editing a comment
        Why? Because I saved a couple thousand bucks? Trying to provide some insight to help fellow DF members save money. In no way is that any sort of brag if that is what you are implying. I proudly drive a 2016 Truck with over 90k miles currently.
        That sort of mealy mouthed comment is foreign to me. I don't hang out with guys that speak like that. If you have something to say, say it like a man.
    • Texashookset 2
      • Aug 2023

Bought my wife a small suv for about 15% under MSRP a couple of months ago. It was a 23 and 24’s were on the way to dealerships. Told them I got a possible trade in after we did tge paperwork for the new car online and they gave me what I would’ve sold it for private party.

i ordered a Ford 350 from Salt Sled last summer and I expect to pay msrp as it locks you in at the time of purchase so you don’t pay above and beyond. New one ton Fords on a lot right now are unicorns, Duane looked all over Texas. That was my thoughts anyway but he or the real God of new truck purchases Bret can answer that question better. Lol

Comment

Working...