Comment

• Unknownstrohsfan
      • Nov 2023

Who is golfing the best balls?

Comment

• Kevin Nicholls
        • Aug 2023

Hopefully going the right direcion now. Go Stro's
        I don't have anything clever to write here.

Comment

• BretE
          • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Kevin Nicholls
          Hopefully going the right direcion now. Go Stro's
          Yep, hopefully…just finished the DVR version, finally an enjoyable game….👍🏽
          I got nuthin….

Comment

• BretE
            • Aug 2023

I got nuthin….

Comment

• Unknownstrohsfan
              • Nov 2023

well at least 1 thing hasn't changed Altuve is still Eovaldis daddy.

Comment

• copanoson
                • Aug 2023

Does Espada keep sending Hader out in the 9th or give Pressly a shot?

Comment

• wfishtx
                  • Aug 2023

Originally posted by copanoson
                  Does Espada keep sending Hader out in the 9th or give Pressly a shot?
                  Easy......you keep sending Hader. You paid him, so now you need to use him. This is probably a tougher decision if Pressly wasn't also imploding most every time he stepped on to the mound this season.

Comment

• Spinky
                    • Aug 2023

It'll be interesting to see how Hader reacts if the Astros continue going sideways and his performances continue to be rather unimpressive. Not exactly a sterling reputation as a good clubhouse guy, didn't have many friends in San Diego for sure.

Comment

• wfishtx
                      • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Spinky
                      It'll be interesting to see how Hader reacts if the Astros continue going sideways and his performances continue to be rather unimpressive. Not exactly a sterling reputation as a good clubhouse guy, didn't have many friends in San Diego for sure.
                      Good call Spinky. Let's hope they turn it around sooner rather than later and its a non-issue, but if it does become an issue I feel good that the culture in the Astros clubhouse is 10x better than what they had in San Diego. This team and organization doesn't do what they've done over the last 8ish years without having a great culture in their clubhouse.

Comment

• Spinky
                        • Aug 2023

Absolutely, no question. San Diego was just a collection of high priced stat/bank account watchers. For certain the Astros have better chemistry. However, if he continues his current path, they're stuck with that contract and attitude for awhile. Hader refused to throw more than three outs in games last year. You need five outs from your closer? He ain't going. That may be different now that he got his big contract, but I doubt it.

Comment

• copanoson
                          • Aug 2023

I'd send Pressly out the next time a close save situation presented itself, especially if it is the strong part of the lineup.

If I'm the manager, F your contract, I'm paid to win ball games, and until Hader can prove he has things figured out, he can pitch in not so close games or earlier innings. Currently, the Astros aren't in a position to keep going with Hader in close games pitching the way he has.

Comment

• WhiteBassFisher
                            WhiteBassFisher commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Even I, with my limited baseball knowledge, have not been impressed at all with Hader. He seems like a joke so far, a bad joke.
                        • wfishtx
                          • Aug 2023

Originally posted by copanoson
                          I'd send Pressly out the next time a close save situation presented itself, especially if it is the strong part of the lineup.

If I'm the manager, F your contract, I'm paid to win ball games, and until Hader can prove he has things figured out, he can pitch in not so close games or earlier innings. Currently, the Astros aren't in a position to keep going with Hader in close games pitching the way he has.
                          Problem you're not taking into consideration is that Pressly has been as bad, if not worse than Hader. Neither of them are very good right now, so you're going to continue to go with Hader because that's what he's paid to do, even if he's not succeeding.

I agree with you that you go with Pressly if Pressly was actually better right now, but he's not.

Comment

• fishguru00
                            fishguru00 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Both are like throwing gasoline on a fire.
                        • Unknownstrohsfan
                          • Nov 2023

Originally posted by Spinky
                          Absolutely, no question. San Diego was just a collection of high priced stat/bank account watchers. For certain the Astros have better chemistry. However, if he continues his current path, they're stuck with that contract and attitude for awhile. Hader refused to throw more than three outs in games last year. You need five outs from your closer? He ain't going. That may be different now that he got his big contract, but I doubt it.
                          You have to go with the numbers at this point. Haders ERA is almost 2 pts better than Pressley, but Pressley is an Astro. Now it is at the point, where Espada will have to earn his money, by managing egos, which is his main job, not making out the line up card.

Comment

• Unknownstrohsfan
                            • Nov 2023

Speaking of gasoline on a fire, looks like Whitley is next bad choice for the rotation of relievers.

Comment

Working...